Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The Wrong Day

Books, And the Songs to Listen to While Reading Them

I know, I know, it’s Tuesday. The lighting isn’t good enough to take pictures so I decided to do a post I created a while ago for my blogging class instead of my next review. Music is one of my favorite pastimes because like books, it transports you. I have compiled a list of songs that represent the characters, plot, or mood of a book.

Characters

Wolf - The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
           Songs:  Human - Of Monsters and Men & Raised by Wolves - Family Force 5 
           
            Celaena Sardothien – Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
            Song: Semi-Automatic - twenty-one pilots & Upgraded - Capital Kings
           
            This song represents three heroines. All of who become part of something bigger than themselves and later accept they are in the middle of it all or the cause of it all. Tris Prior – Divergent Series by Veronica Roth, Katniss Everdeen – The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins, Celaena Sardothien – Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas. It could apply to so many more but these are three well-known heroines.
            
             Song: I Of The Storm - Of Monsters And Men

Books

            The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry
            Song: Hometown - twenty-one pilots

            All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
            Song: Flaws – Bastille

            Divergent by Veronica Roth
            Song; Lean On – Major Lazor (feat. MO & DJ Snake)

I have linked all the YouTube videos in the song titles. They are all lyric videos and the songs are “clean”.

Currently Reading: The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry


Next Post: Full Review of Cress by Marissa Meyers

No comments:

Post a Comment