Monday, May 2, 2016

4/12

April Wrap-up, Haul, and May TBR
               
                I am happy to say I got myself out of my slump this month and actually ended up reading quite a lot of material. I say material because some of what I read was comic books and a graphic novel. This post kick-starts middle-grade May which is where I review only middle-grade books all May. These reviews will be heavily geared towards parents.

The lineup so far:

May 8th Some Kind of Courage by Dan Gemeinhart

May 15th Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K Rowling

May 22nd Percy Jackson and The Olympians Book 1: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

Books Read

What got me out of my slump are these guys right here:


Nightwing Comics. They were given to me by my uncle and I thought they looked pretty cool so I started reading them immediately. Nightwing is in the same "world" as Batman. In fact, I’m pretty sure he was the first Robin the Wonder Boy. I thought these comics were super entertaining and Nightwing is just . . . awesome.

I was then (finally) able to finish The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry and move on to the next books which were Sudden Mission and Nasty Leftovers by Guy L. Pace. I wrote a full review on both books and they were both pretty cool.

Next, I read my first graphic novel Through the Woods by Emily Carroll. The art in this book is just stunning. Seriously, the pictures don’t do it any justice. This is a book of short horror/spooky stories and I loved every one of them.




The last book I read is Some Kind of Courage by Dan Gemeinhart which you will see a full review of next week. I’m so excited to write the review for this book because it was SO GOOD.

April Haul


The first book is one I bought and it’s The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I have read the entire series but do not have the physical copies of any of them. I received an Amazon gift card as  thanks for some work I did and purchased Miss Mayhem by Rachel Hawkins, Nimona by Noel Stevenson, and Through the Woods by Emily Carroll. I also went to a book talk at a high school near me and got to bring home two ARCs. The Land of 10,000 Madonnas by Kate Hattemer and Fiona by Meredith Moore.

               
My May Reading List

1.  Finish Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling

2.  Finish Percy Jackson & The Olympians Book 1: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

3.  A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro

4.  Entertaining Angels by Emerald Barnes


Currently Reading: Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling and Percy Jackson & The Olympians Book 1: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

Next Post: Full Review of Some Kind of Courage by Dan Gemeinhart

No comments:

Post a Comment