Monday, February 1, 2016

First Out of Twelve

January Wrap-up, Haul, and TBR

         It’s the end of the first month of 2016 and five days till my birthday. This month I read three books, and accumulated six. In this post, I’m going to talk about what I read, what books I received/bought and the books I’m going to read in February.


Books Read

The first book I read is one I received for Christmas from my parents. It is the second book in The Lunar Chronicles titled Scarlet written by Marissa Meyers. Scarlet was sooooo good and I will gush further about this book in my next review post.

            The Second book I read is an indie novel that was sent to me by the author for review. The book is The Warrior Spy by Dony Jay. It is a military thriller novel and the first I’ve ever read in that genre.

            The Last book was my TBR challenge jar pick which was “Finish a book you started in 2015." The book I chose was All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. I started this book in November but was not really getting into it so, I put it down. I’m so glad I took a break from it. Because, going back to it, I love it so much more!


January Haul

Here is a list of all the books I got in January and where I got them.



Eleanor by Jason Gurley- Sent to me through Books for Bloggers by Penguin Random House.

Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer- A Christmas present from my friend

Pride + Prejudice + Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith- I bought this on Amazon with a gift card I won.

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas- An early birthday present 

Five Children and It by E. Nesbit- Also bought with my gift card.

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley- Bought because I needed it for school . . .


My February Reading List

           #1 on my list is Pride + Prejudice + Zombies. #2 is Eleanor and #3 is my TBR challenge which is “A book with a non-human character.” I’m going to pick Cress (Lunar Chrinicles #3) by Marissa Meyer. This series is so amazing! This book a few non-human charcters such as a Iko (the droid), Wolf (The wolf hybrid), and Lunars (a race of people who live on the moon). I want to see what happens next SO bad. I may or may not have cheated and looked through my jar to find a TBR that fit this book instead of picking one at random . . .


Currently Reading: All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven


Next Post: Full review of Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment