Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Unfinished Buisness


Hello readers! I’m coming at you from the past and it was SO HOT today. It was actually annoying. As I was gazing upon my lovely bookshelves trying to decide what books to do mini reviews of I realized there are many books that I have started but have yet to finish. So, (sorry not sorry) I am changing the post. I will tell you how far I got in the book, why I put it down, and what I think of it so far.

A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro 

Read: 125pgs out of 336

I put this book down because the language was too strong. The main character, Charlotte, is the descendant of Sherlock Holmes. She befriends Jamie, the descendant of John Watson and together they investigate copy-cat murders that are taken straight from a Sherlock Holmes novel.

 The murderer is also making it seem like Charlotte and Jamie are the culprits. I was actually really enjoying the characters as they had such a likeness to their predecessors. Unfortunately, I don’t think I will be finishing this novel.

Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton

Read: 138pgs out of 448

This one was just not what I was looking for at the time. I had just come off of a long fantasy reading streak and was not in the mood for another one. I put it down in place for a contemporary but am now itching to pick it back up again

. What I read I have to admit is too complex to explain properly. It is definitely a high fantasy novel and takes some time to comprehend the world. I’m still not sure I understand every aspect of it so I’ll insert the inside cover synopsis.

The night Quin Kincaid takes her Oath, she will become what she has trained to be her entire 
life. She will become a Seeker. This is her legacy, and it is an honor.

As a Seeker, Quin will fight beside her two closest companions, Shinobu and John, to protect the weak and the wronged. Together they will stand for light in a shadowy world.

And she’ll be with the boy she loves–who’s also her best friend. But the night Quin takes her Oath, everything changes.

Being a Seeker is not what she thought. Her family is not what she thought. Even the boy she loves is not who she thought. And now it’s too late to walk away.


Son by Lois Lowry

Read: 226pgs out of 400

Most people don’t know this but the modern classic, The Giver, is part of a quartet. I ran across the rest of the series in an adorable book shop in North Carolina. At the time I didn’t realize they had an order to them. They simply said “Companion Novels” so, I bought two

. It turns out, I bought the second . . . and the fourth. Son is the fourth. I didn’t even realize this until I reached a certain part and was like, when did that happen? It now sits on my shelf, waiting for me to buy the third book.

The Elfstones of Shannara by Terry Brooks

Read: 125pgs out of 608

I told myself when starting this book that I was going to go halfway and then take a break. Halfway was a little harder to reach than I thought. Don’t get me wrong, the book is really good. There are just so many words on each page and I had just bought some new books I was dying to read. I love Brooks choppy writing style with short sentences. I want to finish this book. I will finish this book.

Currently Reading: Champion by Marie Lu

Next Post: Undetermined 

No comments:

Post a Comment