Monday, April 4, 2016

Rapunzel, Rapunzel

Cress by Marissa Meyer

This series just keeps getting better and better and that’s exactly how it should be. This is a review of book three in The Lunar Chronicles and this is my new favorite. I’m pretty sure I’ll say that for each new book that I read in the series but for now Cress is my favorite.


I found Cress’s character to be very endearing and I instantly fell in love with her. Her “crush” on Captain Thorne was so cute and made for some hilarious moments. Thorne’s character really developed and matured in this book. He was actually kind and heroic which is a side of him we haven’t seen until now. I also loved that Cress brought that out in him. He wanted to be those things for her.

As much as I initially loved Cinder my opinion of her decreased in the last book Scarlet. I don’t know what it was but I just wasn’t impressed. But, I’m happy to say she did some pretty spectacular things in this book that made me eager to see her character progress. Kai was adorable as usual but that’s about it. I didn’t see a whole lot of grown in him either. I mean, I understand the difficulty of his position and all but he just wasn’t the character I hoped for.

The story line as a whole was spectacular and I loved every second of it. Cress is inspired by the fairy tale Rapunzel. The similarities in  the story were weaved throughout well and I loved that aspect of it. It held my attention for long periods of time (the longest was four hours straight) and I was constantly surprised by the events and twists. Meyer’s writing is just so easy to read and understand. You can really get inside the story which is exactly what you want your readers to do.


Language: None

Alcohol/drugs: Some characters are mentioned to be drinking

Violence: Gun and fist fights. Someone is tortured with hallucinations and mind control (a power of the Lunars)

Sexual Content: Kissing here and there most of it is mild and some is a little more passionate but nothing more than that.

Spiritual Content: None

Currently Reading: The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry


Next Post: Special Announcement and Full Review of Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon

No comments:

Post a Comment